This time, let’s try to make one of the special seafood dishes called seafood jambalaya recipe. In addition to the standard recipe that we will try, it has a little modification named Cajun seafood jambalaya recipe. It is combination of seafood jambalaya with Cajun spice mix.
Another variant to try is mixed jambalaya recipe. The difference lies in the main material. Well, this seafood jambalaya recipe consists of various types of meat, not only fish.
- 1 lbs. of chopped Andouille sausage
- 1 pint of shucked oysters
- 1 lbs. of medium shrimp, peeled
- ½ lbs. of diced fish fillets
- 1 crushed small head garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 diced large bell pepper
- 1 diced large onion
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 handful of thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cleaned large tomatoes
- 3 cups of long-grain rice, thrice rinsed
- 6 cups of mineral water
- Hot sauce
- Creole seafood seasoning
- 4 cups of Cavatappi pasta
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper for seasoning
- Mix both butter and sausage in a large bowl.
- Put the bowl in large cooking pot and cook it for 6 minutes under a high heat. Stir occasionally.
- After 6 minutes, add bell pepper, celery, onion, and garlic into mixture.
- Season it with black pepper, salt, and a pinch of Creole seasoning.
- Fried it quickly for about 8 minutes under high heat.
- When 8 minutes has already passed, add some fish fillet, shrimp, bay leaves, and tomatoes, while stirring occasionally
- Add both rice and water while slowly stirring it. Avoid any bubble.
- Scrap out the rice that sticking to the bottom of pot using wooden spoon.
- When reaching boiling point, reduce the heat and give it 15 minutes rest.
- Turn the heat off and let it rest for about 8 minutes.
- After that, pour it into serving bowl and garnish it with green onions.
- You can add hot sauce or pasta as you like.
This recipe can be made for 8 servings, so it will be very suitable to serve as main dish. Well, grab your kitchen utensils and go make this Seafood Jambalaya Recipe. (source: tournecooking.com)